Friday, August 10, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Rachel Elizabeth Forgives Adam Smith

Forgiving others is sometimes not the easiest thing to do, but, for healthy relationships forgiveness must take place.

Rachel Elizabeth, the Chick-Fil-A employee, appeared on Fox Business channel and publicly forgave Adam Smith, the man who verbally assulted her at the drive-thru window.

In an interview with Fox News' Stuart Varney, Rachel said, "I do forgive him.  I think he realizes how bad it was to make that tape.  I feel sorry for him and his family, and for everything that has happened to him since."

Varney praised Rachel for how she handled the situation, she said, "I am glad I could be an example of how we should serve each other.  It was hard--the attack about me and the company I work for--but I am glad I was prepared and the training and the upbringing I have had helped me get through that."

She went on to say concerning Adam Smith, "I forgive you.  I really hope that America will forgive you and treat you with the respect that I chose to treat you with that day."

In Matthew chapter 6, verses 14 & 15, Jesus said, "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Shared with:  the healthy home economist